C2C4 - Hit and Run (Moxie)



Summer is finally upon us (and if I read one more status update about either Ibiza or Croatia I'm going to go on an uzi death destroy rampage) so the annual slump in recordland has announced itself. We're actually about to release a 12" of our own (more on that later) so not all is quiet on the western front, but with the sun beaming down on us it's not the best time of the year to go through dusty crates at your local dealer. This just peeked at me from the top shelf in the living room, forgot just how good this rework Loletta Holloway's classic by Carl Craig is, a must have in any discerning disco collection. I'm sure you know this already so I won't bother describing it, but just felt like pointing out that at 12 glorious minutes it's the perfect record to play in case turtlehead is touching cloth nahmean? There's two other tracks on the flip too but I have no idea if they're much cop, never got past the brilliant A-side.



Check Discogs for a used copy

Comments